[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: NewBie @OneToOne question

delarue do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 13 12:47:41 EDT 2009

"Wolfgang Knauf" wrote : Hi,

  | I think that the "name" attribute of the "@JoinColumn" denotes the column name in your "User" table. The "referencedColumn" should be the name of the primary key column in your child table.

Ok, I understand better. I found my id and columns back ...

With this form, the sql generates a constraint with a random name for the foreign key. On the trace of jboss, I see something like :

  | alter table .Car add index FK107B4B78C84CE (USER_ID), add constraint FK107B4B78C84CE foreign key (USER_ID) references .User (id)

Is there a way of naming the foreign key : USER_CAR_FK instead of FK107B4B78C84CE ?
Since the design was done in the database and not in the EJB annotation.

Is it possible to have a strict mapping between a sql schema and a EJB annotation ?

anonymous wrote :
  | But normally the @OneToOne annotation should work without any @JoinColumn annotations. The server will choose defaults for the column names. So, start with the easiest solution and remove the @JoinColumn annotation ;-).
  |
  | Hope this helps
  |
  | Wolfgang

This helps a lot ;))) I'll follow your suggestion for small apps, but for big apps, I have to replicate the database schema, thus I try that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217929#4217929

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217929