[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: MaxBackupIndex limit in JBoss-eap-4.3

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 13 13:33:59 EDT 2009

I tried your settings (well, I set MaxFileSize to a smaller number so that I could force new log files), and got the expected results - server.log.1 and so on. There should not be a limit to MaxBackupIndex.

Try setting the log4j.debug system property (add "-Dlog4j.debug" to JAVA_OPTS in run.bat or run.conf). This will cause log4j to print out some initialization information.  Perhaps that will help pinpoint the issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217936#4217936

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217936