[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Setup Jboss in myeclipse

jochen.reinhardt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 13 16:48:05 EDT 2009

Hi dkim,

Just took a short look at it, but all the exceptions have the following root cause:

anonymous wrote : Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/Resource

Well, I'm far away from being a JBoss Expert - but something with your classpath seems to be wrong. If I am not mistaken, the jar file that is missing is called jboss-j2ee.jar or something like that. The annotation definition is part of the JEE 5 standard, I think.

But I suggest a different approach, as I am using Eclipse, too. Use the JEE modules and WTP with Eclipse - the easiest way is to download the complete Eclipse for JEE development edition.
But before running the server from within Eclipse, you should try to start it from command line, with the start.bat script under windows. Be sure to set your %JBOSS_HOME% and %JAVA_HOME% variables correctly.
When that works, add a new server (JBoss is 4-5 is preset in Eclipse, just select your version) to Eclipse's server configuration, and check the 'Create new server instance'. This will configure the launch configuration in Eclipse.

I did not work with MyEclipse, do not know anything about it. But I'm sure that Eclipse JEE edition is the best way to work with JBoss. The only 'problem' I had was, that mail.jar was not found, where eclipse wanted it to be. Just copy the file from common/lib to server/default/lib - then Eclipse is satisfied. I hope I could help - but may be next time you ask questions about Eclipse, you should ask for help in an Eclipse forum. Your question seems to be somewhat off topic here, but NEVERMIND ;-)

Cheers,
Jochen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217968#4217968

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4217968