[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: seam-gen IDE vs Console

treespace do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 15 13:32:10 EDT 2009

Is there documentation for creating a Seam project in the Eclipse Bundle (JBoss Developer Studio)? The first-time user experience has to be nothing short of bewildering because the documentation is specific to a given tools version, Seam version, seam-gen version. As usual, this will give ammo to those looking to shoot it down.

As far as building projects, what has worked marvelously for many years (from J2EE through Java EE) has been a custom ant script whose tasks we fired off seamlessly (NPI) from the Ant view. The script grows with the project, and both the command-line and Eclipse are oblivious to what it does.

Enter seam-gen. So, we'd like to use seam-gen rather than evolve our build script from scratch, and use it for command-line builds (e.g., nightly build) or server with no Eclipse installed. We also want to use the same script from the IDE via the Ant view, just like the good 'ol days.

If experienced Eclipse and JBoss developers find this whole documentation situation messy, imagine the terror experienced by an adventuresome Ruby addled developer looking to break out of their gilded cage?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218099#4218099

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218099