[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal Crawler + Search Portlet solution for JBoss Portal

mastrokostasa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 16 11:17:11 EDT 2009

Hello all,

in developing a commercial Portal site we are evaluating JBoss products as an open-source alternative to Oracle Portal.

One thing I could not find so far is a mechanism in JBoss Portal for crawling the entire site and storing the results in the database. The end user would then use a simple search portlet to retrieve results from the crawled pages.

In other words, I am looking for something similar to Oracle Ultrasearch, which compliemnts Oracle Portal, and which also provides an API to use by the JSP developer of the end-user portlet.

If there is no built-in similar product in JBoss, are there any third-party crawlers that have worked successfully for you in the past?

Thank you in advance!
Ari.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218326#4218326

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218326