[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Deployers and service dependencies

heiko.braun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 16 15:20:24 EDT 2009

I am currently looking into DependenciesMetaData. Maybe you can confirm that my understanding is correct.

1) jboss-dependency.xml works with a single deployment unit.
2) Hence I introduced a deployer that prepares the dependencies for particular deployments similar to what the Ejb3DependencyDeployer does:

  |  public JBPMDependenciesDeployer()
  |   {
  |     setStage(DeploymentStages.PRE_REAL);
  |     setOutput(DependenciesMetaData.class);
  |
  |     DeploymentVisitor<JBPMDeploymentMetaData> visitor = new DeploymentVisitor<JBPMDeploymentMetaData>()
  |     {
  |       public void deploy(DeploymentUnit unit, JBPMDeploymentMetaData deployment)
  |           throws DeploymentException
  |       {
  |         log.info("Encountered deployment " + unit);
  |
  |         unit.addIDependOn(
  |             new AbstractDependencyItem(unit.getName(),
  |                 TransactionManager.class,
  |                 new ControllerState("Real"),
  |                 ControllerState.INSTALLED)
  |         );
  |       }
  | [...]
  | }

I would expect any JBPMDeploymentMetaData that passes the visitor to have a dependency on the TransactionManager. Right?
Which means to me, that upon undeployment these deployment units are processed before the TM leaves INSTALLED and hence would still be still be available.

Is that how it should work? Maybe the error lies somewhere else.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218415#4218415

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218415