[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Database Changes between 3.3.1 and 3.2.6

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 16 16:14:45 EDT 2009

"insumo" wrote : I have just downloaded jBPM 3.2.6 SP1 after running 3.3.1, and have found that the Oracle database schema has changed, specifically replacing CLOB fields with VARCHAR2(4000) fields.
Up to 3.2.3, large text fields were VARCHAR(4000). In 3.2.4 and 3.3.0 we tried to switch to CLOB due to the paging issues that such a large on-row field caused (e.g. Sybase). However, it turned out that many of our customers were reluctant to accept this change because it was drastic enough to break their apps. In the end we decided to restore the old schema.

"insumo" wrote : I have been able to find Jira tickets for problems with 4000 char fields, (truncation etc) and fixes that use on Sybase TEXT fields instead of VARCHAR(4000), however I have not found anything about reverting from TEXT/CLOB back to fixed length fields.

See https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2056

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218425#4218425

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218425