[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: is it possible for MVCCInvocationContext to have null mv

dukehoops do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 17 13:15:57 EDT 2009

Manik,

Thanks for posting the JIRA. However, at the risk of appear to be a nit-picker, I don't think JBCACHE-1493 captures the extent of the problem as it pertains to R_R, and Hibernate - JBC3 interaction. Specifically, given an application that uses Hibernate and JBC3 (MVCC) as 2nd level cache in Transactional (as opposed to read-only) mode:
1. the pattern I described in the post linked below is not an edge case:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4217616#4217616
Basically, this will take place whenever app logic is such that the 1st time a collection is accessed the intent is to alter it.
2. as far as I can tell, enabling writeSkewCheck will merely result in data version exceptions being thrown in this use case - making collection un-cacheable if app does a write on 1st access.

Given the above pattern, and sequence of calls that HIbernate Core issues in case of Collections I think the solution is not to use pfer() in org.hibernate.cache.jbc2.collection.TransactionalAccess.putFromLoad() if R_R is in use.

-nikita

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218771#4218771

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218771