[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: basic authentication against unix password file?

dickson1888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 04:46:18 EDT 2009

Firstly, thanks for everyone's help.

"Yes", I want to do authentication against a file created with the htpasswd command (normally used for Apache HTTPD auth).

As the existing setup of authentication in our Apache web server and other java application server use LDAP and unix password file, however, the unix password file is not the /etc/passwd. This unix password file is extracted from a secure server; the format is the same as a file created with the htpasswd command.

The format
{user_name}:{unix encryed_password}

Hi aamonten,
Do you have any idea to implement it? Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218927#4218927

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218927