[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - deployment problem with additional hibernate classes

boercher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 13:06:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

with jbpm-3.2.6.SP1, JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA I got a simple process working in a unit test and on the application server where it can be examined in the jbpm-console.

Problems arise however as soon as I try to use my own hibernate classes with the jbpm hibernate session like this:

  |   Session session = context.getJbpmContext().getSession();
  |   UrlLock lock = new UrlLock(url.toString(), this, new Date());
  |   session.save(lock);

After adding an appropriate hibernate mapping to a local hibernate.extra.hbm.xml this works in my unit tests (run from within Eclipse) but it's not working on the server since when the process gets to this line an exception is thrown:

anonymous wrote :
  | Error signalling token: An exception of type "org.jbpm.graph.def.DelegationException" was thrown. The message is: Unknown entity: testprocess.UrlLock

I tried the following fixes:

1) add hibernate.extra.hbm.xml to the deployed par archive: Did not work since it is obviously ignored by hibernate.

2) copy hibernate.extra.hbm.xml to jbpm/jbpm-service.sar/ in the JBoss deploy directory: Results in the following error:

anonymous wrote :
  | DEBUG [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.renderkit] Value to be rendered Error loading process list
  | DEBUG [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.renderkit] component.getValue() returned : An exception of type "org.hibernate.InvalidMappingException" was thrown.  The message is: Could not parse mapping document from resource hibernate.extra.hbm.xml

Unfortunately there are no more detailed logs from the renderkit.  I do not believe that it's a simple parse error since the same hibernate.extra.hbm.xml did work in the unit test.

Might this error occur due to the fact that hibernate has no access to the UrlLock.class file (although the table jbpm_bytearray contains an entry classes/testprocess/UrlLock.class)? What is the best approach for using additional hibernate classes from within a process?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards
Volker

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219177#4219177