[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Web App not running, getting a file download popup windo

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 17:34:17 EDT 2009

Not all the answers you are looking for, but a few observations:

1) Based on the last line that appears in the console (the "[Log4jservice$URLWatchTimerTask] " line), it appears that the app server is configured to not log to the console after bootstrap (that is the last bootstrapping log entry). You should, however, see a server/xxx/log/server.log file (unless the logging has been reconfigured to not show that).

2) The "file upload popup" usually means that your servlet/action/whatever is setting a MIME type other than the typical "text/html" and those the browser thinks it is receiving some file that it cannot handle. This is due to code in your app - the app server does not control this.

3) I think that the "-server" issue is due to a missing findstr command, but since you did not post the error, I really cannot tell.

It would help us if we first concentrated on getting the app server to start from the command line without your app deployed. It would also help if you started with an app server whose configuration has not been changed so that you get the full console log.  So go back to the command line and enter run.bat and post the full console output (you might have to change the command prompt properties to increase the buffer size - I have mine set to 9000 line).

If that app server start without problems, and you get a response from http://localhost:8080, then deploy your app. If that results in an error, post all console log messages from the "Started in xxx seconds" message on.

Only when all of that is working should we attempt to tackle the deploy-through-Eclipse issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219274#4219274

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219274