[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re-deployment questions?

dickson1888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 23:53:27 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have several questions about the deployment of a web application. Thanks for any help.

1. If I want to re-deploy the web application directly, I know that I just put the new war file in the "deploy" folder. It can re-deploy itself. My question is how about the transaction is handled during the deployment. Does JBoss AS 5.0 will wait all connection/request to finish first and then stop the new request; then do deployment. Please help to clarify the deployment flow.

2. If I use the other way to re-deploy the web application - undeploy it first and deploy it with the new version, how does JBoss handle the transaction/request during undeploy?

3. Also, if any user browse that web page in the stopped web application, they will 404 page not found. Is there other method/handling better to show the specific stopped web application is not available ( a message page )?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219339#4219339

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219339