[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Cluster config: Channel per Cache instance?

dukehoops do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 19 22:52:08 EDT 2009

I'd rather partition caches to the extent possible and not use one instance because:
-lock-striping problems discussed elsewhere will intensify
-performance will possibly decrease (esp with writes)
-jmx stats get mushed together

In my setup (or in general?), the problem seems to've been that multiple Cache instances shared the same RuntimeConfig instance (injectected singleton). I thought that was OK but I was wrong because RPCManagerImpl saves JChannel instance to runtimeConfig in initialiseChannelAndRpcDispatcher(). So if you've got multiple channels, first one wins ;-

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219693#4219693

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219693