[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Working with holidays

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 23 17:54:56 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : I think it is boring and a common users can't do that..

Boring? hmmmm... subjective statement. But I agree that common users can't do that. But..... it was never meant for common users to change this file. So I do not see a real problem

anonymous wrote : I would you like to know if there's a another way to do that?

Yes there is. You can change the jBPM core so that it reads the file/data from somewhere else. Than in addition, you can develop a webapp that helps you changing this data. You can even make it configurable per process.

anonymous wrote : I think JBPM doesn't know how to deal with this situation.
Correct
anonymous wrote : Do you understand me?
Yes
anonymous wrote : Any idea how to solve it?
Yes, at least three
1: by writing an application that takes the definition, reads the duedates from the definition and recalculates all the new ones PER instance and stores that. That is assuming
- you can be sure the duedate should be changed (it was not changed in another way) and you know at what date it was set.
- you have the original date so you can recalculate (e.g. it was not based on a variable)
- .... some other 'hazards'

2: By changing the core of jBPM so it always calculates the duedate (expensive in queries!)  based on the latest data

3: By changing the jBPM core so more info about duedates is stored and can be used

(Contributions always welcome ;-))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220431#4220431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220431