[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Quartz Worker Threads taking too many CPU cycles

sra78 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 10:28:29 EDT 2009

I am running a Java Application on JBoss-4.2.2 deployed on two 2GB machines. In the application, there is a Quartz job that sends a https request to two systems and gets response. By default, it had 10 worker threads. I updated quartz.jar to make it 2 worker threads. These threads starts low, after some weeks if I check using listThreadCpuUtilization() MBean, the first thread is taking 44140 CPU cycles, and second thread is taking 229187 CPU cycles. Is this normal? The changes I made (reducing 10 worker threads to 2 threads) could have adversely affected the performance?

Thanks,
Jackie.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220935#4220935

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220935