[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - 'couldn't connect to database' in seam generate entities wit

jadamsal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 11:04:25 EDT 2009

I've started playing with jboss tools 3 in eclipse 3.4.2 and tried to setup some simple seam projects to get familiar with the process.

I was able to generate some simple CRUD against a mysql server by following the instructions at http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.GA/en/seam/html/crud_database_application.html, but I haven't been able to get the same example to work for a sql server 2000 database.  When I use 'seam generate entities', it give the error 'couldn't connect to database' when refreshing to select a schema.  The Data Source Explorer is able to navigate the the connection correctly, so I'm at a loss for what's causing the problem.  I've tried changing the jdbc drivers and connection parameters without luck.

Is this a problem anyone has run into before, or is there somewhere in eclipse I can look to get more information out of the 'couldn't connection to database' message?

Thanks for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220949#4220949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220949