[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: JBoss 5 Client connect issues

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 25 14:42:49 EDT 2009

As far as I know, this is the only solution and no other solution is in development. From what I understand, it has to to with looking up the IP address for a host name, and vice versa. So the mapping has to be somewhere.

By the way, you said you were upgrading from 4 to 5. Was that 4.0.x or 4.2.x? I ask because between 4.0.x and 4.2.0 the default binding was changed from 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1. This could have something to do with this issue - ages ago one of my colleagues noticed that setting -b 0.0.0.0 in 4.2.x was not exactly the same as running 4.0.x without the -b option, though I do not recall the specific issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221064#4221064

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221064