[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - BaseCertLoginModule failure: certificate credentials are not

fthurber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 26 15:37:00 EDT 2009

When I try to use the BaseCertLoginModule, it fails with this error:

anonymous wrote : Don't know how to obtain X509Certificate from: class java.lang.String

I looked at the source code and the failure occurs when the getAliasAndCert() method tries to read a X509 cert from ObjectCallback.getCredential().  Somehow the client cert is not being loaded in the credentials when the callback is done.

Here is my login-config.xml; it is almost exactly as given in the manual:

          <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.BaseCertLoginModule"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221404#4221404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221404