[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Variables == Bottleneck ?

gchanteb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 27 09:14:22 EDT 2009

No problem... I found some posts but I wanted your advices.

For those who read this post:

-----------------

Question:

anonymous wrote : The db is growing much and in 20 days of work it reached 60 GB of size.

  | The only tables of big dimension are: byteBlock 20GB of tables and 1 GB of index;
  | variableinstance reached 10 GB of size plus 20 GB of indexes.
  | byteArray is very bigger in number of rows , but has not a real big size.
  |
  | I can't truncate the tables, because they contain important information about running process.... but how can I discover what
  |
  | to delete without clean processes in running state?

Answer:

anonymous wrote : processes that have ended have a date in their END_ column

-----------------

Question:

anonymous wrote : The jbpm tables jbpm_variableinstance, jbpm_bytearray, jbpm_byteblock, jbpm_log has more than 10L records now.

  | I believe the completed processinstance are identified with jbpm_processinstance with a end_ date.
  |
  | Is there any documentation on the sequence that needs to followed to clean up the associated tables?

Answer:

anonymous wrote :
  | You can call GraphSession.deleteProcessInstance on each instance you want to remove. Note that this method is somewhat slow due to cascading.
  |
  | If you want mass deletion you can analyze the order of the statements executed by deleteProcessInstance and write a SQL script.

I found Queries in jbpm-service.sar\jbpm-jpdl\org\jbpm\db\hibernate.queries.hbm.xml. With the code of org.jbpm.db.GraphSession, i'm going to create my own "cleaning methods".

Thx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221546#4221546

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221546