[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - Improvement suggestions: Messaging in a clustered environmen

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 27 13:15:01 EDT 2009

I am currently setting up a system where we will have multiple JBoss AppServers (4.2.3) and one DB in the backend.

I have configured everything to use the single DB and the DefaultDS is also mapped to it.

The AppServers will each have the following:
* one Queue deployed in deploy-hasingleton for 'internal' messages (communication between services, we only want one service to handle the event)
* one Topic deployed in deploy-hasingleton for 'external' messages (multiple possible listeners)
* Our services ((M)Beans)

I have one convenience Class that supplies a method to send out messages to a certain destination and used by all services.
Due to the clustered nature of the setup and that the the destinations are ha-singletons, I (after much cursing and browsing) use the HAJNDI lookup (using the bind.address + port, the example uses 'localhost' but that might not be the bind address) to get the ConnectionFactory and that then sends out the (sessioned) message.
Otherwise if RoundRobin sends the RMI connection to the AppServer without the ConnectionFactory, it will not be able to find the destinations and throw an exception.

So far everything is working (as far as I can tell) but am wondering if there are any improvements I could do?

F.i. the lookup of the ConnectionFactory. Is this the correct way to do it?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221635#4221635

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221635