[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Virtual directory or another solution for my problem

shakalus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 27 15:04:11 EDT 2009

Hello.

I'll describe my problem:

I have few web applications:
app1.war
app2.war
app3.war

and now I have jsp pages inside those wars. I'm using apache-tiles, so in fact these jpss are templates and tiles, so they are the same in every application and I wan't to put them in one-global directory.

Assume that I have following files in jsp directory:
/jsp/page1.jsp
/jsp/page2.jsp

and I want to have them accessible in that way:

localhost:8080/app1/page1.jsp
localhost:8080/app2/page1.jsp
localhost:8080/app3/page1.jsp

I can't use virtual-static directories defined in server.xml because I need the same context as applications' context:

<Context path="/app1" appBase="" docBase="/mnt/jsp" reloadable="true"/>
  | <Context path="/app2" appBase="" docBase="/mnt/jsp" reloadable="true"/>
  | <Context path="/app3" appBase="" docBase="/mnt/jsp" reloadable="true"/>
so of course it doesn't work.

In weblogic application server it is possible by defining virtual directories in weblogic.xml (which is placed in every application) and it works correctly.

<virtual-directory-mapping>
  | <local-path>/mnt/jsp</local-path>
  | <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
  | </virtual-directory-mapping>

How can I solve this problem? Mayby there are another technics and solutions instead of virtual directories. What terms should I use searching solution in google or documentation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221659#4221659

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221659