[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - "Startup securing" - how to bind administration access to a

GermanDev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 29 06:13:09 EDT 2009

Hi!

I am new to JBoss. A few months ago I started to familiarize myself with JBoss Seam and JSF and just finished my first "really" web application that I want to put on my productive server, where I put on a jboss-4.2.3.GA, to test the project under "real life conditions".

Nevertheless, the deployment worked as it should but I don't know how to secure the administration (jmx-console, web-console) and the JBoss Startup screen (with the link to TomCat stats etc).

Is there an easy way to bind it to my (static) IP adress, so that access from another ip is rejected? Additional is there a way to (IP based) reject access to any other url of JBoss than http://my-server.net:8080/myProject/?

I know that this won't be a perpertual solution, but in the meantime I'm going to be a book to learn how to properly administrate the JBoss AS.

Could you recommend me a good book about JBoss AS administration?

Thank you in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221762#4221762

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221762