[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Dev and Prod deployment

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 29 07:49:10 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : What I am thinking I will do is to have two seperately built WAR files, one for production, and one for deployment. And each of them have seperate property files and different Jndi bindings so they can be deployed along side each other on the same Application server.

That would be too much of work and you could even end up messing up the production application's data (imagine pointing to the prod DB datasource in your dev application).

The question really is:

1) Do you want both the dev and the prod application on the same server? If not, then you can host it on a separate dev system (which is the most common way for such things).
2) Do you want them to be running simultaneously?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221767#4221767

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221767