[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Struts Tools v3.0.0.GA Tutorial Problem

garyinri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 11:11:47 EDT 2009

Using Struts Tools component of JBoss Tools 3.0.0.GA with Eclipse 3.4.2.

Hello.

I am new to Struts and was going through the tutorial found in the JBoss Tools Guides found here. (http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.0.0.GA/)

I could not get the sample application from the tutorial to work properly (I kept getting a blank page as the result) until I changed the value of the property attribute for the write bean from "greetName" to "name".  (Pages 17-18 of the PDF.)

It now looks like this and seems to work properly.
<bean:write name="GetNameForm" property="name"/>

The tutorial indicates:
<bean:write name="GetNameForm" property="greetName"/>

Was this a typo in the tutorial or could I have possibly messed up something someplace else which caused me to make this change in order to get the sample to work?

Thank you.
Gary

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222037#4222037

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222037