[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: customized error page question

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 17:49:35 EDT 2009

>From what I recall from playing with the various options in config.xml about 2 years ago, when a portlet runs into an error (that it, it throws an exception which is caught by the portal) you can either:

a) have the portlet not be displayed
b) show only the exceptions error message within the portlet window
c) show the full exception stack trace in the portlet window

As far as I know, there is no way to tell the portal to display an error page if one of the portlets faults.

Instead of having the portlet fault (throw an exception), you can have the portlet code catch the exception and redirect the portlet's output to a JSP that will show an error message within the portlet's window. Note that in this case the portal assumes that the protlet completed successfully.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222156#4222156

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222156