[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Role based landing page/portal for user

souravm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 1 15:01:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

I face this requirement number of times whever I suggest people to use JBoss portal.

Currently JBoss portal allows all users to land up in only default portal (and default page of the default portal). Where as what many a times a project need is based on user role
a) user should be landing on to different portals or
b) user should be landing on to different pages in the default portal

I checked out the possible solution and found that it is very easy to implement this requirement by small customizing DefaultPortalObjectCommand (with the help of Identity Service module).

Just wondering why this cannot be part of the core feature of the product so that user can specify through -object.xml for a a given user role what should be the target portal ot target page in the default portal.

Any takers ? I'm pretty sure this would be a very powerful feature of the product when compared with other portal products. today Jboss Portal misses this.

Regards,
Sourav

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228074#4228074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228074