[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - JBoss Cluster using Gossip Router

amardeep21 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 5 08:00:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I need some info on connection to JBoss in Cluster mode. I'll brief what we are trying to achieve.

We are clustering jboss using Gossip Router because one of our jboss
is on vpn network and other on static public facing IP (Firewalled)

Issue : Cluster works fine, the problem when we establish the  connection from client side which is firewall on public IP but can access via vpn

Setup: Gossip Router running on Static and VPN IP
JBOSS NODE 1 : Running/Binding on VPN IP
JBOSS NODE 2 : Running/Binding on STATIC IP

Now when we try to connect to jboss using jnlp it show these lines in java console.

network: Connecting socket://vpnip:1199 with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting socket://vpnip:1198 with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting socket://vpnip:5446 with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting socket://public:5446 with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting socket://public:5446 with proxy=DIRECT

What i don't understand here is, connecting to jboss on VPNIP goes fine upto
port 5446 but then it tries to connect to public IP as well on port 5446
which is firewalled.

Then it keep retrying for 20 to 30 min and then establish the connection to jboss.

Can anyone suggest how can we connect to just VPNIP if we make connection to
vpn only.

Thanks in advance.

Amardeep

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228620#4228620