[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Annotating @persistencecontext from a different ear

erili do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 5 10:04:07 EDT 2009

Ok.

Then I'll have to figure out a different solution. The bbb-ear is a large application with slow release cycles. I'm developing a maintenance application (aaa.ear) that deploys as a stateless EJB that can pull entities from the main application and send data from them to a client through JMX. So the ejb in aaa.ear need to access some entities in bbb and it would be really nice if this could be done through the same persistence context that the main application is using.

This would allow the maintenance guys to hot deploy the hook ear, run some batch jobs and whatnot and undeploy it without having to clutter the main application.

I guess I could connect directly to the datasource, but then the cache would be bypassed and only reads would be possible.

Am I trying to do something impossible? Are there any other approaches I should look into? I'm very new to JavaEE, I hope I'm not asking dumb questions.. Oh, the shame..! :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4228667#4228667

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4228667