[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Web Application Context Logging (log4j) Question

sstacha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 5 18:12:55 EDT 2009

I have been trying to implement a context listener that will allow me to have different repositories for each web application that is deployed.  I was using several examples that I googled and keep getting java Verify errors.  When tailoring it down line by line I finally got the following:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking org/apache/log4j/Level class
	at org.apache.log4j.spi.WebAppRepositorySelector.init(WebAppRepositorySelector.java:36)
	at biz.ormia.util.logging.ContextRepositoryListener.contextInitialized(ContextRepositoryListener.java:40

I intend to post more detailed code and such but I was wondering what is the appropriate forum to post this question to for the best response?

OS: OSX 10.5 (on intel mac)
jboss: 4.2.1 GA & 5.0.1 GA

Thanks,

steve