[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Trying to catch SMTP exception, but leads to SQL exception..

frinux do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 6 09:52:26 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to catch the exception thrown when the SMTP fails. I added an exception handler to my mail node :

<exception-handler exception-class="java.lang.Exception">
  | 			<action name="InvalidEmailAddressExceptionHandler" class="logica.actions.InvalidEmailAddressExceptionHandler"></action>
  | 		</exception-handler>

Here is my action :

public class InvalidEmailAddressExceptionHandler implements ActionHandler {

  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) {
  | 		System.out.println("wrong email");
  |
  | 		}
  |
  | }

I reach this part of code, but just after this, I get an exception:

59516 [http-8080-Processor25] WARN org.hibernate.engine.StatefulPersistenceContext.ProxyWarnLog - Narrowing proxy to class org.jbpm.graph.node.TaskNode - this operation breaks ==
  | 59625 [http-8080-Processor25] WARN org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 22001
  | 59625 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - Data truncation: Data too long for column 'EXCEPTION_' at row 1
  | 06:39:44,234 ERROR WSCreerDemande:175 - error when processing creerDemande : org.jbpm.graph.def.DelegationException: could not insert: [org.jbpm.graph.log.ActionLog]
  | org.jbpm.graph.def.DelegationException: could not insert: [org.jbpm.graph.log.ActionLog]

The entire exception is here:
http://pastebin.com/m3b2df339

I nearly understand that the data sent to the MySQL database leads to an overflow when logging the exception.

Allthough, the EXCEPTION_ column in jbpm_log is a VARCHAR(4000), and the exception it contains has only 2592 chars. Maybe the problem is not the size, but the text inserted? (charset?!)

How can I fix the problem? (and what is exactly the problem?)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229030#4229030

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4229030