[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Separating log files for web applications

fredguedespereira do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 6 12:14:42 EDT 2009

Hello there,

Has anyone here tried to separate log files for web applications? I followed the hints indicated in this link:

http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12203

But it is not working. Configuring separate appenders (files) for each application is easy, the problem is to ensure that messages generated by shared libraries (hibernate, etc) will be directed to the log file of the application that generates the message and not to the server.log as usual.

For instance, if you have an application x.war and another y.war, both using JPA+Hibernate and an unhandled exception is thrown by Hibernate during the execution of x.war, the message goes to the server.log file, since the appender for the category configured for the package "org.hibernate" is the server.log file by default. However, it should go to the x.log file.

The above link intends to solve this problem, but it did not work for me. I am using JBoss 4.2.2.

Thanks for any help,
Fred

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229105#4229105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4229105