[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: JBoss Cluster using Gossip Router

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 7 14:26:21 EDT 2009

Oh, I completely misunderstood the problem! I thought the calls going to staticip:5446 were hitting the same AS instance as the calls to vpnip:109x, but were coming in on the wrong interface.

What is being looked up with the JNDI calls? I expect it's an EJB session bean. Stateless or Stateful?

Either way, the JNDI lookup is downloading a cluster-aware EJB proxy. That proxy is free to invoke on any node in the cluster, otherwise the bean isn't HA. It doesn't know what node it was downloaded from and thus can't guarantee it will give preference to invoking on that node.

If clients can't reliably connect to both nodes in the cluster, I recommend you don't make the beans clustered. Failover won't work anyway, so there is no benefit to having them be clustered. A non-clustered EJB proxy will only know how to invoke on the node it came from, solving your problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229524#4229524

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4229524