[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Compile Time AOP in JBOSS

gunaranjanc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 11 12:33:47 EDT 2009

Hi Kabir,
Thanks for the quick reply.  I have a jboss-aop.xml inside the lib.aop (which itself is inside my ear).  The lib.aop only contains the aspects.  There is another jar with the EJBs and POJOs inside the same EAR.

Now this jboss-aop.xml contains definitions for the interceptor class (present inside the lib.aop) and the bindings which target classes/packages/methods present in the JAR.

My jboss-aop.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	 <interceptor-ref name="com.XYZ.aop.AopLogger"/>

	 <interceptor-ref name="com. XYZ.aop.ConstructorInterceptor"/>

The AOP Logger, Constructor Interceptor and jboss-aop.xml are present in the lib.aop.  The com.* target classes are all present in the mylb.jar.  Both of these are in the ear.  The application.xml in the EAR references the EJB jar as an ejb module and the AOP as a java module.

Both the aspect classes and the target classes have been pre-compiled using the AOPC (referencing the same jboss-aop.xml - now packaged inside the lib.aop).

Then I stick the EAR into the server/default/deploy dir.

I have not done anything else.  Am I missing a step.

In addition do I need to have the jboss-aop.xml directly in the default/deploy directory?

Do I need to do have the loadtimeweaving enabled even after the pre-compile?  The only time I see the AOP kicking-in is when I have the above flag set and the javaagent part set in run.sh.

When I remove those options the AOP interception is not happening.  I even tried the EXAMPLES provided and I get the same result.

So I feel I am missing a very simple (duh!) step :)

Appreciate any help/advise on investigation direction since I am stumped at this point?

Thanks a lot
Guna

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4230132#4230132

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4230132