[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Session replication with sticky session

sureshrk19 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 17 21:18:08 EDT 2009

Hi Sushant,

The problem I'm facing is;
when I enable sticky session (in workers. properties) then session replication doesn;t work as expected.
i.e., when I shutdown "node1" (all the requests are going to this node till now0 then, the next request from browser (thru apache/mod_jk) fos to "node2" but, the code which tries to read session data was set by "node1" is null.
eg: I stored username/pwd (on login) in session (thru node1) but, when I try to retrieve the same data from node2.... returns null.

My understanding is: when we enable session stickiness; the session data might be cached at "node1" (may be for better perf.).. and the same is tied to "node1" forever.  I'm not sure on this.. I may be wrong. I'm stuck at this point now.

session stickiness works fine for me.
Also, when I disable session stickiness, session replication works fine i.e., the requests are going to random nodes with full session data.

Thanks,
Suresh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231503#4231503

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231503