[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - NullPointer when executing JSP compiled page on JBoss AS 5.0

spagobi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 19 12:19:01 EDT 2009

I get the following error when executing a JSP compiled page in JBoss AS 5.0.1 (never got in JBoss 4.x) :

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.wapp.home_jsp._jspService(home_jsp.java:1261)

here is the corresponding line code of the compiled JSP:

      1261 _jsp_instancemanager.newInstance(_jspx_th_spagobiwa_005fuserMenu_005f0);

So I guess the _jsp_instancemanager is null. As far as I can get it should have been created in the _jspInit method of the servlet by the statement:

    _jsp_instancemanager = org.apache.jasper.runtime.InstanceManagerFactory.getInstanceManager(getServletConfig());

So probably the problem comes from there.

Any configuration missing or something like that ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231984#4231984

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231984