[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Multiple schema access

ander.gborges do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 19 14:04:30 EDT 2009

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your response!

My use case: I am developing a app where little companies will register to use for some days for free. After that period, these companies will have to pay or leave the aplication. With separeted data bases, it is possible to just erase the unused database without affect any other, is possible to make daily backups and restore only the database of a specific company without any kind of danger of handle another's companies DBs.

The app is already developed today in the model "B" you wrote, but actually we have only 5 clients and we are having some trouble when handle data. I am talking about more than 2000 companies, so we thought that separated databases would be the solution for that.

about the "A" option you wrote: I did not understand why implement Driver or Connection interface, because when using pure Hibernate I found out that is pretty easy to create Session objects that points to diferents databases, so I thought that to do it in JBoss would be as easy.

I was planning to use the security declaration to get not only the userName and password but also the database name, and them, when the user call any action, I could get the database Name through the session context and then inject the correct entityManager to the sessionBean.

Well, now I am seriously thinking about use any kind of interceptor to get the queries String and change it to point to the user database (databasename.table for example), or even to give up the EJB model and handle the transactions for myself.

Sorry if I did not made myself clear, I am not a native english speaker.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232009#4232009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232009