[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Issue with JBoss JNDI Data Source Autocommit Feature

nnanda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 19 14:24:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

In my current project, we are using JBoss 5 GA application server. For database interactions, we are using JNDI data source configured in JBoss AS. I am trying to configure the Autocommit to "FALSE", however, it is not happening. Even if I have put the required configuration in my oracle-ds.xml file, the autocommit seems to be in TRUE state and all my inserts are commited automatically in the DB. Please see below my configuration of oracle-ds.xml file.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MyDS</jndi-name>
  | 	<use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
  |
  | 	<driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
  |     <connection-url>MY_URL</connection-url>
  |     <user-name>USER</user-name>
  |     <password>PASSWORD</password>
  |
  | 	<!-- The minimum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
  |     <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
  |
  | 	<!-- The maximum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
  |     <max-pool-size>10</max-pool-size>
  |
  | 	<!-- The time before an unused connection is destroyed -->
  |     <!-- NOTE: This is the check period. It will be destroyed somewhere between 1x and 2x this timeout after last use -->
  | 	<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
  |
  | 	<!-- ORACLE benefits from prepared statement caching -->
  |     <prepared-statement-cache-size>32</prepared-statement-cache-size>
  |
  |     <!-- Connection Properties -->
  |     <connection-property name="auto-commit">false</connection-property>
  |
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

This seems to be very strange. Is this a BUG in Jboss? Or I am missing any configuration? Please HELP.

Thanks,
Niranjan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232012#4232012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232012