[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Access to user's subject

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 22 06:25:59 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm writing a web app (JSF, JBoss 4.2.1, EJB 3). The user is logged in by form based login - I've configured some login modules.

I need to access the user's javax.secrity.auth.Subject. I remembered tha some time ago, I used SecurityAssociation.getSubject() to do this, but now this doesn't work (always returns null).

Probably the difference to then is that today I try to call it from an EJB's method. Perhaps SecurityAssociation switches to that EJB's security context or so. I do not understand much of this, I do not use declarative security in EJB.

Is it possible to retrieve the logged in user's subject from within an EJB?

Marcus.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232676#4232676

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232676