[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss Portal embedded jackrabbit content repository.

kiksamerik1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 26 02:44:51 EDT 2009

Hi,
  I  am looking for a way to remotely access the JBoss Portal embedded jackrabbit repository.
 I am going the EJB3 programming model way  and what I am able to do now is to get an instance of the JCRCMS in my stateless session bean

       @Resource(mappedName = "java:/portal/CMS")
	private JCRCMS jcrCms;

And so I can do a lot of cool stuff.

As a saw how Day CRX, JCR-Explorer, JCR Viewer, JCR Controller, can explore jackrabbit repositories, I am wondering if  it is possible to do so with the JBoss portal one.

I tried  with the apache jcr-explorer web app running on tomcat but i had a problem with jndi name.
I also tried with the JCR BROWSER eclipse plugin (rmi access). No way!

So I took a look at
jboss-portal-2.7.2\server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-cms.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml
and realized that the unlike the JCRCMS, the jackrabbit JCR itself isn't bound to JNDI name  nor has a JRMP server association.

Is it why i can't access the JCR with the tools i mentionned?

As for the JCRCMS, a remote  proxy can be provided by adding

<!-- Proxy factory for CMS  -->

      <!-- Use the standard JRMPInvoker from conf/jboss-service.xxml -->
      <depends optional-attribute-name="InvokerName">jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp
      <!-- The target MBean -->
      <depends optional-attribute-name="TargetName">portal:service=CMS
      <!-- Where to bind the proxy factory -->
      RemoteCMS
      <!-- Invoke target method instead of invoke(Invocation mi) -->
      true
      <!-- Comma-separated list of exported interfaces -->
      org.jboss.portal.cms.CMS
      <!-- client-side interceptors -->

             org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor
             org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor
             org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.client.InvokerAdaptorClientInterceptor
             org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor

(according to sohil.shah at jboss.com tested and works fine)

Can we get the JBoss Portal embedded  Jackrabbit JCR to the same level of exposure?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233174#4233174

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233174