[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Problem: deployment with external Derby DB.

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 26 07:54:49 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : Anywhere I have read that Derby needs "PERSISTENCE.XML"

The persistence.xml is required if you have a JPA project where you are persisting the entities through Java Persistence API. Without knowing more about your application, i am not  sure if you really need it in your application.

The persistence.xml you posted does not look correct:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <persistence-unit name="FINCAEVT">
  | <jta-data-source></jta-data-source>
  |
  | </persistence-unit>

It has an empty datasource value. I guess, you wanted:

<jta-data-source>java:DerbyDS</jta-data-source>

where java:DerbyDS is the jndi name of your datasource. This way, you point your persistence unit to the datasource which holds the information about the username/password and other database related information.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233285#4233285

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233285