[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Behavior with selector and fullSize cache

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 27 04:13:27 EDT 2009

Hi !

Thx for explanation. But this basics I know already.

I did the test with a limit of 50 and added a lot of messages for x y and z to my queue. I also undeployed all bridges.

Then I deploy bridge x. All messages in the memory which contains the header property destination=x are bridged then. Some messages are reloaded but after a short time the memory queue contains only messages for y and z. The messages which are paged to db for x are NOT delivered.
If I then deploy Bridge Y some messages of Y and (because of reload) some X are bridged. Then the Queue stopped again because only Z messages are in the memory queue.
If I deploy Z the queue is completely bridged to all destinations.

This behaviour of course makes sense! Paged messages are somehow invisible for the JMS system.
But I think there should be a section in the bridge documentation (user guide) or somewhere else which points to this behaviour. Otherwise users maybe wonder why the queue "stops".

I my case I think I have to create onle queue per destination. Otherwise I can not prevent memory problems if one or more destinations are not reachable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233492#4233492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233492