[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Classloading vs. VFS

jesper.pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 28 08:45:03 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | So for users of MCServer who need VFS, you've gotta do something similar. But a better solution is for some initvfs.xml to come along early in the bootstrap chain, install an MC Bean which will init VFS, and then all should be good.

That is the solution I use currently.

anonymous wrote :
  | Looks like the NCDFE is blocking you from doing that. Which is another issue alltogether. Due to parent>child delegation and leaking of class references, we've got to be very careful what's on the application CP, URLCL, etc.

I only have an AppCL which has my Main and is a parent to the URLCL which has all the JARs. The URLCL is passed to the ServerFactory in bootstrap.

That is the way the ServerFactory is documented and more importantly the way I want my classloader architecture before the MC kicks in.

anonymous wrote :
  | Note that in Branch_5_x of AS right now we prove that things can work. :)

I see AS usage of bootstrap as a very nice proof-of-concept. However AS shouldn't mandate the way bootstrap should work. There are other projects in the World.

We should make sure that impl-mc meets most of the requirements for projects using the MC as the foundation. Otherwise each project has to implement an extension to fill in the blanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233892#4233892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233892