[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Automatic assignment of initiator in start-state task not wo

akpraha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 28 10:44:55 EDT 2009

I'm using jBPM 3.3.1.GA embedded in another app, and can't seem to get the initiator of the process to be automatically assigned to the swimlane associated with a task in my start-state.  The documentation seems to suggest that all I have to do is set up a swimlane with no assignment, and add a task with that swimlane to the start-state.  My process def. looks like this:

  | <process-definition  xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"  name="ChangeManagement">
  |
  |   <swimlane name="zadavatel"/>
  |
  |   <start-state name="Start">
  |     <task name="start task" swimlane="zadavatel"/>
  |       <transition to="Registration"></transition>
  |    </start-state>

In my code, I'm setting the actorId for the context prior to starting the process instance, but it never gets set in the swimlane 'zadavatel'.  I put a breakpoint on DefaultAuthenticationService.getActorId() to make sure it was never being called, and when the process is created, no swimlane instance for 'zadavatel' is ever created - verified in the database as well.

  |     context.setActorId(username);
  |     ProcessInstance instance =
  |         context.newProcessInstance(processDefinition.getLabel());
  |     instance.signal();
  |     context.save(instance);

I've got a workaround specific for our application, but I'd really rather have this working.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233931#4233931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233931