[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Newbie: executing forked paths in parallel

efip do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 1 04:10:55 EST 2009

Hi,

I am looking at JBPM as a candidate workflow engine. My current understanding is that if I fork a path of execution into multiple concurrent paths, all of them will be executed in one thread (for each path: until it reaches the join node or a wait state) - sequentially.

I need to understand what are my options if I want to execute them in parallel - i.e. in multiple threads (I can bring my own pool for the purpose). My usecase is: I need to execute lots of (independent) queries against (multiple) databases with varying (sometimes bad) response time, while keeping the runtime very low and the workflow definition readable by a Business Analyst.

Thanks,
-efip

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263335#4263335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263335