[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Models of integration with JMS

nigelsim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 1 23:50:38 EST 2009

Hi, I am currently evaluating jBPM 4.1 for use within a data processing platform. I am trying to understand how jBPM would normally be integrated with other services which emit JMS messages. From what I understand from the Users and Developers guides jBPM needs to be embedded or at least invoked by another service which handles the external interactions.

My scenario has two requirements:
1) Running of workflows when new data is available (notified by JMS/ActiveMQ)
2) Running of scheduled workflows to retrieve data from remote instruments.

I have found no reference to JMS integration, so I expect I would have to write an application which listens for incoming messages, decodes them, and invokes the appropriate jBPM workflow.

Which brings me to the second question, how do you internally have workflows respond to a common event. ie, I want to allow workflow developers to deploy multiple workflows which all respond to a new file event. Is this possible, or would I have to launch all of the required workflows from my service, which would mean knowing which workflows need to be executed.

Cheers
Nigel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263380#4263380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263380