[jboss-user] [Clustering] - obtain cluster lock

niefeng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 6 11:40:09 EST 2009

Hi all,

Could I know what will be the available option for us to ensure that no two  md bean instance reside in different cluster node accessing the same shared resources?

The current approach i have identified is using the Hibernate LockMode.UPGRADE_NOWAIT. Whenever the md bean access the shared resource, it will acquire the lock via LockMode.UPGRADE_NOWAIT.

  |  Thus whenever the following error happened , it signal that other md bean instance in different cluster node is accessing.
  |
  | org.hibernate.exception.LockAcquisitionException: could not execute query
  | 	at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:87)
  | 	at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
  | 	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2147)

Is the above mentioned approach recommended? Or any other mechanism is better in this scenario? Thanks!

My deploy env
JBOSS 405
oracle 10

niefeng