[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting Users] - Re: Messaging blocked by long time-out

radimchatkalahari do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 7 06:08:39 EST 2009

I probably found the source of issue.
Problem was in  org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.BisocketClientInvoker.java
(in jbrem2.2.3SP1) in method createSocket

  | protected Socket createSocket(String address, int port, int timeout) throws IOException {
  |     while (isConnected() && (!pingFailed.flag || pingFailedTimeRemaining > 0) && (timeout == 0 || timeRemaining > 0)) {
  |     }
  | }

In my scenario the above while cycle was never-ending! :
timeout set through jboss-messaging was set to 0 (& isConnected() & !pingFailed.flag was true also)!
And because the thread that was cycling in while loop was also holding an importat jboss-messaging lock, all the other netwoking threads were waiting for that lock, and that's why complete network communication has been stopped forever.

When I set the timeout to 5000 ms.
in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/mesbridlicna-port-bindings.xml

  | <invoker transport="bisocket">
  |   <attribute name="timeout" isParam="true">5000</attribute>

And the problem disappeared!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264411#4264411

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264411