[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: [jBPM 4.1] Process Definition XML File

saraswati.santanu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 9 14:59:55 EST 2009

Is it really possible with Jbpm 4.x?

I thought one of the major differences between 3.x and 4.x is that, at the time of deployment in 3.x it used to decompose the xml and create a tree of persistent objects. Then it used to save all those objects, starting from ProcessDefinition object. So there was an options to skip the xml and directly create the ProcessDefinition object, set the nodes etc and then save the objects.

But in 4.x Jbpm keeps the xml itself, and does not try to decompose it proactively. So we need the xml to be there to deploy the flow.

I did not notice and xml writing API in Jbpm. None of the sub-classes of ProcessDefinition seem to have the methods like 3.x to add StartNode, Node etc. So I thought API for creating process definition is not there.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264676#4264676

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264676