[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Default JNDI name changed after recompiling

icordoba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 10 12:37:14 EST 2009

Hi there,
I have just migrated an application from JBoss 4 and Java 5 to JBoss 5.1 and Java 6. It worked OK... my Stateless Session Beans had a remote JNDi name like:

UserManager/remote (as all docs state is the default remote name). For some reason I had implemented @Remote both in the interface and in the bean class itself. That worked ok in JBoss 4 but JBoss 5.1 started giving problems when deploying so I removed @Remote from the bean and left it just in the interface (as it is supposed to be done).
Now the standard bean JNDI name has changed from
"UserManager/remote" to
"UserManager/remote-com.mypackage.UserManager"

Is that normal? Anybody can give me any ideas on the reason for this?
I have had to change the hardcoded standard lookup code in the clients or make xml deploying descriptors.

Thanks for any help,
Ignacio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4264887#4264887

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4264887