[jboss-user] [JCA] - Re: Datasource Failover Notification

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 11 07:44:12 EST 2009

"mayankmit2002" wrote :
  | In my postgress-ds.xml, I've configured the datasource as HA-XA-datasource to use both servers.

The attached -ds.xml contains  incorrect configuration about ha datasource !

"mayankmit2002" wrote :
  | Problem
  | ---------
  | Now I want to get notified when one data base is down to intimate the clients that database is down.

I don't know what exactly you are trying to do here.
You can write a custom MBean which will monitor the working of the datasource,getting the JMX notification when the DB goes down would not be possible without the change in JCA code.
With Jboss5 you can probabily make the JMX notification via custom UrlSelectStrategy implementation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4265022#4265022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4265022